Anyways, it's the end of the month so I need to figure out what my goals were for the month and if I succeeded. That sentence right there might be a sign I didn't hit many goals. Hold up and let me find a pervious post.............. (yes, I really am looking)............ There they are!
My September goals and how I did in pretty colors:
- Friday Quick Fic every week. - I did this every week! Checkmark as done.
- Write my Story Dam posts and don't mess up scheduling the post. - Ditto. Another checkmark... wait, I want a gold star.
- I'll keep my reading goals realistic and stick with two books again. - I didn't get two books read, only the short story. I found reading during laundry helps it go by faster, but this month I kept having to do other crap during laundry. Or I was stressed out so I just played Tetris Blitz. No gold star here. =(
- Cheer my fellow #writemotivation peeps more. I got around to blogs, but slacked on Twitter. -Another goal lacking a gold star. This month I felt worn out by social interaction, so I didn't have the engry to cheery others on as much as I wanted to.
- Edit. Hopefully, I'll have Out of Secrets notes back. If not, edit Path of Angels. - I did do a little editing. Also, Mythbusters busted blowing up an apartment with a gas stove so I have a scene in Path of Angels 4 that I need to tweak. Half a gold star.
- I'm adding a new goal: Work on Shiny New Idea. - Almost to 10K. I didn't get to work on it as much the last half of September because of social obligations and work, but I pecked at it, so I'm giving myself a gold star. Although, I failed epically at writing 1K a day with friends. Day job gets the blame for that again, so I'm taking half a star away.
- Friday Quick Fic every week again. Why put this here when I'm doing good? To ensure I keep it up!
- Write Story Dam Weekend Pick. I've figured out scheduling, but I need to search out a few picks and build a back up.
- Attempt to read books from my TBR pile.
- Edit. Both Erin and MB have been giving me updates on their progress of the stories they have, so maybe this month I'll have something back to work on. I really need to find some more eyes too. Preferably ones that will actually READ the story and get back to me instead of forgetting. I'm a bit jaded about this though and am having a hard time trusting anyone.
- Work on Shiny New Idea and hopefully name it. If I can't get 1K a day, I'd like to aim for 500 words a day. That's only one page, and should be even easier than 1K.
- My last goal is non-writing related. The Christmas craft shows are coming up fast, and I have some knitting I need to get done. I want to add knit skull scarves and stock up on my jewelry to my goals.
Okay, I think I can achieve these goals. Anyone else have goals they want to share? Need a cheerleader? I've got a pointy stick to prod you with.... I mean, I have pompoms. Rah! Rah!