1) Let’s start with the basics. Tell us a bit about yourself and what makes you tick. My name is Liam, son of Marina. My dad Charak is the ferryman to the Temple of Apenth. Mom died when I was born, so I was raised by Dad. My mentor Zendal has been training me to be a guard. I am god-chosen and have a secret that is all my own, a secret I would protect with my life until it is the right time to tell it. I’m hard-working, yet easy-going.
3) If you had one event from you past you could do over, what would it be? I would have told Yssa my secret that first day we met, instead of waiting for her to find out by accident.
4) What is one thing from your past you’re most proud of? Going off with Yssa instead of letting her journey to the woodwoses alone. I was rather upset about having to leave everything behind, but I did what was right traveling with her. I sometimes think I need her much more than she needs me.
Let’s do some fun questions.
5) Say you’re on an abandoned desert island and have three items, what would they be? My sword, Yssa, and food.
6) If you were caught dancing and singing in the shower, what song would be playing? “Be my Inashara girl” by The Gods of Summer
7) Name one guilty pleasure. I sometimes take too much joy in tormenting Yssa’s friend Tym. He’s way too easy to get riled up.
8) Let’s play favorites:
Pepsi or Coke? I don’t know what those are.
Pie or Cake? Cake
White or dark chocolate? Dark chocolate
Playstation 4 or Xbox 1or WiiU? I don’t know what those are.
Paperback book or ebook? We have good ol’ scrolls.
Summer or winter? Summer
Puppies or kittens? Puppies
Vampires or werewolves? Werewolves (I don't like this answer. VAMPIRES FTW!)
That was fun. Now, go get Reborn. Go on. Shoo. I'll still be here when you're finished reading.
On the day of Yssa’s death and rebirth, the god Apenth chose her as the Phoenix Prophetess.
Sea serpents and gods endanger the young prophetess’s journey and sour the omens. Yssa is cursed instead of blessed, and her duties at the Temple of Apenth prove it. She spends her days reading dusty scrolls, which does nothing to help her forget Tym, the boy back home. But the annoying yet gorgeous ferryman’s son Liam proves to be a distraction she can’t predict, even though he rarely leaves her alone for two sand grains.
Her boring temple life screeches to a halt when visions of her parents’ murders consume her. Yssa races across an ocean to stop the future. If she can’t change Fate, she’ll refuse to be the Phoenix Prophetess any longer. Fate, however, has other plans for her and the kingdom.
Yssa must either accept her destiny or fight to change Fate.
Available in Ebook and Print!
To purchase: Amazon | Createspace | Google Play | iTunes | Kobo | Nook | OmniLit | Smashwords | Other Retailers
Click here to add on Goodreads.
A self-proclaimed bookworm, Cherie Reich is a speculative fiction writer and library assistant living in Virginia. Her short stories have appeared in magazines and anthologies, and her books include the horror collection Nightmare, a space fantasy novella collection titled Gravity, and the fantasy series The Foxwick Chronicles and The Fate Challenges. Reborn is her debut novel. She is Vice President of Valley Writers and a member of the Virginia Writers Club and Untethered Realms. For more information, please visit her website.