I thought I couldn't do it because I was going to be moving, but now I'm not moving until this weekend and at the time I'm writing this, I just emailed Alex to tell him I could do it today if he still needed me. I still have the email of who I was supposed to visit, so I'll hop around and do that even if Alex has filled my spot.
This month's question is: What are your favorite and least favorite questions people ask you about your writing?
As for insecurities, I'm not going to start the year talking about them. They're still the same. (Do I suck at writing? Will I have enough energy to get everything done?) Instead, I'd like to focus on how I did on my 2018 goals and make new goals for 2019.
- Publish Leaves of Fall. Due to fatigue and other life crap butting in I decided to push it back to this year. (I did publish a book this year, Tempting Friendship.)
- Write one 100 word drabble a day. I ended up changing this to 4 times a week and that worked really well for me.
- Write one flash fiction story a month for Patreon. I missed one month and that was due to fatigue. (Anyone seeing a pattern?) But I did post something every month for Patreon.
- Smooth out the plots for Mistakes of the Past and Abducted Life's sequels. Abducted Life's sequel is figured out and it even has a title: Reclaimed Life. Mistakes of the Past's sequel I'm still stumped on.
- Keep at the promo plan and monthly goals. I did okay on this. There was a couple months where I didn't set goals because life was too busy.
- Grow my Patreon. I went in the wrong direction and lost some, but one was due to changes in her financial situation for the worst.
- Find four new blogs to subscribe to. I didn't pay attention to how many, but I did find some new blogs to read.
- Get at least 6000 steps per day with Fitbit. This goal I made knowing I'd fail, but setting it did motivate me to try harder so I'm calling it a win.
Over all, I did well in 2018. Especially given the fatigue bogging me down regularly and my brother's death at the beginning of the year. (Update on that: the estate business is done and closed! It only took 11 months.)
For 2019 I'd like to...
- Publish Leaves of Fall
- Grow Patreon
- Write 4 drabbles a week
- Read 30 books
- Submit more stories