The rules are simple.
Make a list between 5 and 25, post, visit other participants. Our gracious host is Bish Denham and the mighty ninja captain, Alex J. Cavaaugh is co-hosting. Since Halloween is coming up, I thought it'd be a good topic to use for The Listing Hop.
7 Reasons Halloween is the best holiday ever
- Candy––Who doesn't love candy? Free candy is even better. Although, after a certain age, adults start frowning on you for going trick-or-treating. What bores, eh?
- Costumes––Yes, you can dress up any time of the year, but this is the one time people don't look at you funny. Well, you can dress up for cons, but you'll get stared at and be asked to have your picture taken. Plus, you don't get free candy, so I think Halloween wins on costumes.
- Decorations––Sure Christmas has more decorations, but they are so happy and cheerful. You'll get diabetes looking at them! Halloween decorations range from cute and sweet to gory and scary. Talk about diversity!
- People––OMG people are SO annoying around Christmas time. In the weeks and months leading up to Christmas, everyone is all "I'm so happy and love everything, blah, blah, blah." SHUT UP! Halloween isn't as pushy of a holiday (I may be biased because I'm introverted and don't like noise.)
- Zombies––Let's face it, any other time of the year, you see a zombie and freak out. IS IT THE END OF THE WORLD? Around Halloween, you see a zombie and it's cool.
- Pumpkin guts––My favorite part of pumpkin carving was ripping out the guts. I was an odd child.
- Books––This is a shameless plug. Did you know I'm doing a Halloween book blog hop? Authors will be handing out their books like candy. Which you may be thinking isn't as good after reading my number one, but remember this: You can only eat candy once, but you can consume a book multiple times...unless you do it literally. Then you may want to see a doctor.