- This first one may horrify my fellow writers. Cyclop didn't learn how to read until he was thirteen. Tyler didn't think it was necessary given the fact Cyclop saw images of the future, not writing talking about the future. Thankfully, MeeMaw Cheryl took it upon herself to teach Cyclop to read. It was the closest thing to schooling he got.
- Cyclop's favorite TV show is Charmed. An aunt who babysat him and Darryl watched it. He liked it because the characters did things no one else could. Like him.
- Cyclop discovered the park he takes Amber too one night when he was going to run away. He was seven and Tyler had refused to let him go to school. Cyclop was planning on running away and living at the school. He was going to pretend to be a student and attend classes. What stopped him was he saw a family in one of the nearby houses and didn't want to leave his.
- Cyclop, naturally, hates science. Read the book and it will be clear why.
- Once, when they were eleven, Darryl and Jaden died Cyclop's hair red with Kool-aid. They were attempting to make him look less weird. It failed miserably, but thankfully, it washed out easily.
Cyclop Blaine stands out in a crowd with his pale skin and mismatched eyes, but it’s his ability to see the future that really sets him apart. The unusual gift makes him an invaluable asset to Tyler, his adoptive father and leader of the Victory Street Gang. It also means Cyclop must hide what he can do from others. Once, a man he knew only as Master controlled him, using him for experiments. Cyclop has no desire to return to that life.
But he may have no choice. A man claiming ownership over him haunts his dreams and waking moments, leaving him no choice but to go back to the past he thought he had escaped. Cyclop must face this man, along with his past, if he wants to reveal his own future.